Art Therapist – InnerArt
Art Therapist to travel to one Long Term Care facility located on Lakeshore Blvd & Kipling Avenue for a total of 4 hours per week on Thursday afternoons (1-5 pm). Services to start July 2017. This is a part-time, ongoing position with potential for growth.
Art Therapist Role & Scope of Duties:
- To maintain an Art Therapy service program at the designated destination with the assigned population.
- To maintain and update art media supplies.
- To prepare for and facilitate an art therapy group and individual sessions with the designated population.
- To carry a caseload of 4-10 clients of varying cognitive and physical abilities.
- To practice in accordance with the ethics of OATA upheld.
- To maintain weekly progress notes, and to submit monthly summary reports
- To attend monthly supervision meetings with the team and clinical supervisor of
Art Therapist Responsibilities:
- To maintain a professional/registered membership in good standing with the Ontario Art Therapy Association.
- To maintain and keep up to date a Professional Liability insurance policy, (to be kept for 2 years after completion of practice, to ensure liability coverage).
- To keep time records and submit to Director monthly.
- To inform program manager and director of planned or unplanned absences.
- To inform the director of supervisory issues and make all efforts to attend group supervision meetings.
To attend any orientation or training in the assigned facility.
Certifications & Qualifications:
- Graduate Diploma or MA in Art Therapy
- Have a current art therapy association membership in good standing
- Possess a minimum of $1,000,000 Professional Liability insurance.
- Registered for the CRPO or be in process
- Have a current (in the last 12 months) criminal record check (vulnerable sector). ü Eligible & willing to receive the 2017 Influenza vaccine
- Proof of TB and vaccination testing results
Please email email@example.com with a current resume and cover letter explaining your suitability for this position. Any suitable candidates chosen for an interview will need to produce proof of all certifications and qualifications above.
Children’s Art & Play Therapist – Fort Garry Women’s Resource Centre
Fort Garry Women’s Resource Centre (FGWRC) is seeking a Children’s Art and Play Therapist for our Children’s Counselling Program. The Therapist is responsible for providing play and art therapy services to children between the ages of 2-12 who have experienced and/or witnessed domestic violence. This position will be housed in FGWRC’s Outreach location at 104-3100 Pembina Highway and/or the Ellen Street location at 104-210 Ellen Street.
This is a contract position offering approximately 10-15 hours per week. Hours are based on client demand and applicant availability.
Fort Garry Women’s Resource Centre is a not-for-profit feminist organization which operates within a collective structure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide individual short-term art and play therapy to a variety of children with diverse needs;
- Maintain communication with the Children’s Counselling Coordinator regarding therapy scheduling/rescheduling, absences, missed appointments, client concerns, etc.;
- May attend monthly supervision sessions in coordination with other FGWRC therapists;
- Maintain appropriate files, records, write-ups, and statistical data for clients who have used the Centre;
- Maintain and purchase therapy supplies (in consultation with the Children’s CounsellingCoordinator).
- Certification through the Canadian Association of Child and Play Therapy and/or registration or education through the Canadian Art Therapy Association.
- Experience working with this target population i.e.: families and children who have experienced abusive relationships;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work independently, cooperatively, and from a feminist perspective;
- In depth knowledge of how domestic violence affects women and children;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Knowledge of community resources and referrals;
- Ability to relate to women and children from diverse backgrounds of class, race, sexual orientation, gender identity, etc.;
- Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search, Adult Abuse Registry, and Child Abuse Registry clearance;
Flexible schedule needed as evening and weekend work will be required. Salary: $30.00/ hour. Closing date for applications: June 14th, 2017
Interested applicants can forward a resume and cover letter by one of the following methods:
FGWRC Hiring Committee:
1150 A Waverley St., Winnipeg Manitoba, R3T 0P4 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (204) 475-9127
For more information, please visit our website at www.fgwrc.ca. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.